To supply the energy sector with trained and well-qualified Qatari workforce to meet the ever-increasing demand of the sector in both technical and administrative fields, by offering a variety of internationally recognized vocational programs for the young Qataris to assume technical and administrative jobs at QP and its subsidiaries.
- Recruitment, selection, enrollment and induction of new trainees for the Diploma Program, Technician Certificate Program and Fireman
- Managing the recruitment and enrollment of nominated Staff on Academic Studies for the Diploma Program;
- Allocating new trainees to subsidiary companies and QP departments;
- Monitoring the academic performance of trainees and Staff on Academic Studies;
- Arranging workplace learning.
Technician Certificate Program (TCP)
The Technician Certificate Program (TCP) enhances the Strategic of Qatarization plan of the State of Qatar by providing a competent national workforce. It prepares Qatari secondary school graduates to learn to undertake Technician jobs in Qatar Petroleum, its subsidiaries and its affiliates in the following areas of specialization:
- Process Plant Operation
Total of 110 Weeks (Approx. 2 Years) depending on students English language and performance.
Trainees recruited for this program are given extensive English Language and Mathematics in the Foundation Program (30 Weeks). Followed by a Technical Phase I (15 weeks) and (3 weeks) Familiarization before they are offered an employment opportunity at QP, its subsidiaries and its affiliates. Upon successful completion of Technical Phase I & sign the employment contract, students will be placed in Technical Phase II (37 weeks) followed by (24 weeks) On Job Training in their designated company.
This qualifies them for any one of the following certificates which enable them to be a post holder as Mechanical, Electrical or Instrument Technician or as a Process Plant Operator.
- Engineering Technology TP Electrical
- Engineering Technology TP Instrument
- Engineering Technology TP Mechanical
- Engineering Technology TP Process Plant Operations
Intake Criteria for Qatari:
- High School Certificate with a minimum overall score of 50% validated by Ministry of Education and Higher Education.
- Pass the English (Oxford Online Placement Test -OOPT) and Math test.
- Availability of Demand.
- Qatari not older than 30 years old.
- Pass QP Medical Test.
- Finalized recruitment clearances, CIED, MOL, MOI (Male only) & GHQAF Clearance (Male only).
- Pass Interview.
- Accept allocated department and location.
Children of Qatari Female:
- Qatari Mother
- Not older than 25 years
- High School certificate with a minimum overall score of 60% validated by the Ministry of Education and Higher Education
- Pass the Oxford Online Placement Test (OOPT) with a level of Foundation Level - 2
- Pass the Interview
- Accept to work in any location of QP or E&I companies
This program aims at preparing male and female applicants with basic skills to pursue career opportunities in the energy sector. This program covers several Technical and Non-Technical disciplines as per QP’s yearly demand.
A 2 years program qualifying students to obtain a diploma from a college in Qatar.
Intake Criteria for Qatari:
- High School Certificate with a minimum overall score of 65% validated by Ministry of Education and Higher Education.
- A valid IELTS score of 5.0 or a score of FL1090 or Regular in the CAN-Q placement test or equivalent.